Delicious tempura shrimp tacos with green mayonnaise and our classic Habanero Green Sauce “La Meridana”, ideal to enjoy in meetings and impress your friends.
Preparation time: 40 min
- 300 g small shrimp
- ¼ red cabbage
- 6 leaves of romaine lettuce
- A handful of coriander
- 3 yolks of egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of HABANERO GREEN SAUCE “LA MERIDANA”
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas
- ½ liters of vegetable oil for frying
- 2 1/4 cups of loose flour
- 3/4 cup of cornstarch or potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 egg
- 3 glasses of cold water
- Prepare all the INGREDIENTS, wash the red cabbage, lettuce and coriander.
- Julienne the red cabbage, chop the coriander coarsely, and peel the previously disinfected lettuce.
- Peel and devein the shrimps. Thread the shrimp on skewers. (Each skewer is meant for one taco, so about 6 or 7 shrimps per skewer).
- Prepare tempura (recipe below)
- Prepare mayonnaise (recipe below)
- Soak the shrimp skewers in the tempura, and from there in a pot with hot oil.
- Fry until the tempura has a light brown, golden color.
- Heat tortillas, and prepare the taco as follows:
– First the tortilla, on top a bed of lettuce, purple cabbage, then the shrimp skewer and top up we put the mayonnaise and chopped cilantro.
- Mix the flour, starch and yeast in a bowl.
- Fill 1/3 of a large bowl with iced water and place another bowl with cold water on top of it.
- Add the egg and whisk lightly with the cold water. Add the flour, starch and yeast mixture and stir lightly.
* Keep it cold, until the moment of dipping the shrimp.
FOR THE GREEN MAYONNAISE
- Put the egg yolks, salt, pepper, lemon juice, a handful of coriander and green habanero sauce “LA MERIDANA” to taste in a blender.
- Blend evenly.
- In the form of a thread add the cup of vegetable oil with the blender on.
* The oil is what will give the mayonnaise the creamy consistency, the more oil the thicker it remains, if you want it to be less thick, add some water.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bottle and refrigerate.