Delicious bruschettas with goat cheese and papaya, onion, habanero jam and our Habanero Sauce with Papaya “La Meridana” ideal to be used as a starter or to enjoy at a family gathering.
Prep time: 50 min
- ¼ ripe papaya
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ lemon
- 50 ml of HABANERO SAUCE WITH PAPAYA FROM “LA MERIDANA”
- 1 baguette bread
- 100 g of goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. Of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Slice the baguette, put the slices on a tray, pour a few drops of olive oil and bake for 10 min or until golden.
- Meanwhile, chop the papaya into big cubes.
- In a glass pot preferably, boil the papaya, the sugar, the lemon juice and about 20 ml of water.
- Cover and boil over low heat for about 20 min.
- When the papaya is cooked to the point of jam (it’ll be bubbly), turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Add habanero sauce and salt to taste.
- In a frying pan and with a drizzle of olive oil, sauté the onion in small cubes until caramelized.
- When the jam gets cold, almost on time, add the onion and mix well.
- Spread the baguette buns with the goat cheese and put the jam on top. Bathe with a few drops of olive oil and serve as a snack.