Exquisite Habanero BBQ style chicken with our Roasted Habanero Sauce “La Meridana” a perfect dish to enjoy as a main dish.
Preparation time: 2 hours
HABANERO BBQ SAUCE
- 180 gr. Roma tomato
- 140 gr. White onion
- 30 gr. Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ROASTED HABANERO SAUCE “LA MERIDANA”
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ paprika teaspoon
- 60 gr. Apple vinager
- 30 gr. English sauce
- 30 gr. Muscovado sugar
- 15 gr. Dijon mustard
- ¾ fine salt teaspoon
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 3 tablespoons of HABANERO BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of soybeans
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 peeled potatoes
FOR THE HABANERO BBQ SAUCE
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes and onion.
- In a pot, fry them with little oil.
- Once they have a golden color, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir everything and leave over medium heat for 25 min.
- Stir occasionally.
- Turn off, let it cool a little and then blend.
- Blend well until well ground.
- Store in the refrigerator, this sauce can last up to 2 weeks.
FOR THE CHICKEN
- Wash and clean the chicken of visors.
- Mix in a bowl, the HABANERO BBQ SAUCE, the honey and the soybeans.
- Smear the chicken with this mixture and marinate for a couple of hours before baking.
- Cut the potatoes into large, irregular cubes.
- In a baking tray, put the whole marinated chicken, with the potatoes around.
- Put in the oven at 180º C, in the tray uncovered, with the potatoes around in their own juice.
- Drizzle with a splash of beer to keep it hydrated.
- Bake for an hour and a half, or until any thermometer reaches 68º C.
*During the whole baking process, varnish with honey, soy and BBQ and hydrate with beer.
*When the chicken is ready, let it rest for 10 minutes out of the oven and slice, serve with flour tortillas, cheese and vegetables, as if they were burritos.
*This sauce can last us in refrigeration for up to 2 weeks and we can use it for wings, ribs and any dish.