Delicious open sandwich with grilled vegetables and green tomato jam with our classic Habanero Green Sauce “La Meridana”, a perfect dish to enjoy for snack at any time of the day.
Preparation time: 30 min
- 200 g of brie cheese
- 1 zucchini
- 1 roma tomato
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 ciabatta breads
- 500 g green tomato
- 100g sugar
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of HABANERO GREEN SAUCE “LA MERIDANA”
- Cut the zucchini and the roma tomato into slices of about ½ cm thick.
- Grill the vegetables on a pan with olive oil, until they get a golden brown color and look slightly burned, sprinkle with a little salt, set aside.
- Open the ciabatta in half, put slices of the brie cheese inside, and bake until gratin.
FOR THE JAM
- Cut the green tomatoes into thick pieces.
- Put them in a pot with the sugar and some water (3 tablespoons approx.)
- Cook over low heat.
- Until the tomatoes are cooked and practically fall apart, our jam is ready, (it takes approx. 20 min. For this)
- Mash the tomatoes until you have a rustic jam.
- Add the tablespoons of HABANERO GREEN SAUCE “LA MERIDANA”
- Let it cool.
ASSEMBLING THE SANDWICH
- Once the cheese is gratin on the bread, put the grilled vegetables on top, and bathe with the green tomato and habanero jam.
- Decorate with cherry tomato quarters.
* Tip: This jam is ideal to serve with cream cheese and crackers.