Exquisite shrimp meatballs prepared with a stew of cooked tomatoes, chili and our classic Red Habanero Sauce “La Meridana”, a perfect dish to enjoy with the family.
Preparation time: 60 min
- ½ kg of shrimp
- ¼ onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ clove of garlic
- 100 g of pork rinds
- 4 big roma tomatoes
- 2 guajillo chilies
- 3 tablespoons of RED HABANERO SAUCE “LA MERIDANA”
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ white onion
- Guajillo chili in strips
- 1 teaspoon of sour cream
- ¼ hass avocado
- Fried tortilla strips
- For the sauce, bring the tomatoes, guajillo chili, garlic clove and ¼ onion to boil.
- When the skin of the tomatoes has already detached, put all these INGREDIENTS in a blender (without the water) and blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot, put a drizzle of vegetable oil to heat and fry the sauce.
- Wait about 10 minutes over low heat to reduce and sew well.
- Rectify seasoning and add the RED HABANERO SAUCE “LA MERIDANA”, depending on the hotness we are looking for is no. tablespoons to add.
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- In a food processor put the cheap shrimp and chop.
- On a board, chop the onion and garlic finely.
- Add the shrimp, onion, egg, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Form a dough, with which we will form the meatballs.
- Sprinkle the powdered pork rind to give consistency to the meatballs
- Put the meatballs to cook for 10 minutes in the hot sauce.
- Serve and decorate a plate with avocado, drops of cream, fried pork rinds or tortilla strips and the guajillo chili.